HomeAboutAdoptionSupportOutdoor FunContact

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Unexpected blessing and a detour



John, Aaron and I are so excited to announce a sweet little one will join our family in March! This pregnancy was a complete surprise. Being in the middle of an adoption, we were NOT trying. After over three years of trying to add a child to our family, three losses, secondary infertility and a year and a half in the adoption process we are so excited to become a family of four! 

It has already been quite a ride. This pregnancy had a rocky start and due to my history it was hard to be excited. Each appointment has continued to bring good news. It was quite a thrill to hear our reproductive endocrinologist say he believes we will have a healthy pregnancy and baby. 

This pregnancy has stretched my faith so much. I have been so fearful at times. Each of those times as I've prayed I hear God tell me to have peace. Not necessarily peace that everything will turn out the way I want it to, but peace in His sovereignty and that His hand is on this little one. 

Really, isn't that what parenting is all about? Faith that God's hand is on our precious little ones and that He will guide us in raising them? I do believe God's hand is on this child. He knew about this little one all along. We pray for God's protection and that He will continue to knit this sweet child together. (Psalms 139)

So, how does this affect our adoption? Let me make one thing clear. WE ARE STILL PLANNING TO ADOPT! Adoption was something we chose, it was never second best or a last option. We feel God lead us down the adoption road for a reason. Even though this journey is taking a detour, our hearts are still drawn to adoption. 

It is our agency's policy that if a couple becomes pregnant during the adoption process their file is put on hold. Our file will be on hold until this little one is six months old. At that time we would go "active" again and would likely keep our spot on the list. As excited as we are about this pregnancy, the timing was quite a shock. I would be lying if I said we didn't experience some disappointment. It's tough after working so hard on adoption the process has come to a screeching halt. We will continue to trust that this is all God's plan and timing. 


Many, Lord my God,
    are the wonders you have done,
    the things you planned for us.
None can compare with you;
    were I to speak and tell of your deeds,
    they would be too many to declare.
Pslams 40:5

2 comments:

Joanna and Jeremy said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys! We will be praying for you and the baby.

Jewel said...

This post gripped my heart, not only in joy, but also in empathizing with your fears. One thing I know. God is good and He doing an amazing work in you, not just in your womb or at the adoption agency, but in your very hearts. So neat to see. Praying for you guys.

The family

The family

Aaron

Aaron

Followers

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved