That last week has been pretty crazy, but also fun-filled! We have been packing in activities lately. Seeing a lot of people too. Even though it can get exhausting, it's wonderful to have so many exciting things going on!
The weekend of May 18, John and I attended our CORE adoption training. This is a requirement in Colorado for anyone adopting. The class was all day Friday and Saturday and covers topics such as attachment, culture, development and parenting. We really enjoyed the class and felt like we received some good information.
Since my parents were in town to watch Aaron during our classes, it worked out perfectly for Aaron and I to ride out to western Colorado with them. My dear friend and her family are about to move out of state. So getting a chance to see them was a big priority. It was wonderful to meet their little guy. Aaron and their oldest played together beautifully! I was a little sad to see the evening end!
We got together with John's sister and her youngest two kids. I feel like I barely know my nine month old niece! It was great to see Olivia's little personality starting to come out. Aaron and Sarah always play (and cause trouble) together well. It was a short, but good visit!
![]() |
| Cousins |
The week flew by and before long it was time to head to southern Colorado with my parents. John met us there so we could spend the long weekend with more family. The drive would have been great except Aaron came down with a cold. Aaron has some problems with asthma/reactive airway so his breathing wasn't too good. Once I was able to talk to his doctor and get the "ok" to increase the dosage of his medicine, things improved! It did make for a long trip over the mountains though.
We had a fun memorial weekend spending time with family. There was lots of good food and conversation. Sunday I hiked with my parents, aunts and cousin. Our time seemed to go pretty quick. Monday evening we headed back home. Even though it was a busy trip, we enjoyed all the time with family and friends. I certainly feel blessed!
![]() |
| Hiking at the Paint Mines (Calhan, CO) |











No comments:
Post a Comment