Our sweet girl turned one month old a few weeks ago! I really can't believe how fast time is going. I am just now getting around to this update because the past few weeks have been a blur. I think the newborn stage is pretty hazy with any kid. More so though with a high needs "colicky" newborn and a very strong willed four year old. Holy cow, I hardly know what month or day it is!
Little Elsa fits the textbook definition of colic. She cries a lot! Aaron was by no means an easy baby. He was pretty fussy as well. Aaron now seems like the easiest baby ever compared to Elsa! Elsa often cries for hours on end and nothing soothes her. This of course is exhausting for all of us.
I have to say, I'm really not fond of the term colic. Being the science minded logical person I am, I have a very hard time excepting that some babies just cry a lot. There is a reason and I spend a lot of time trying to figuring out what that reason is!
It does seem that reflux is an issue for us. Little girl spits up a lot and cries and cries. She arches and fusses while eating, hiccups, gags and coughs. Our pediatrician agreed that reflux is likely, so we did start some medicine for that. So far we have noticed a small improvement although it isn't the drastic improvement we had hoped for. I have some other ideas I am looking into as well, mostly having to do with the intricacies of breastfeeding.
Despite having some pretty rough days, we have plenty of happy times as well! Elsa started smiling at three weeks which is so much fun. She has such a sweet little smile! We haven't gotten out much but hope to more as the weather warms up and our days become a little more predictable. She is an eating machine and now weighs 9.5 pounds. We put the newborn clothes away this week and she is now in 0-3 month clothes.
Milestones: Elsa can hold her head up for a long time! Smiling at us.
Favorite things: Nursing, Aaron's voice, her swing, diaper changes and ceiling fans.
Miss Elsa, we love you very much! You're a true gift from God and we are so thankful to call you ours!











No comments:
Post a Comment