HomeAboutAdoptionSupportOutdoor FunContact

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Jeep Birthday party!

Aaron loves jeeps. When I asked what kind of Birthday he wanted, I wasn't surprised when he told me he wanted a jeep party. As it turns out, there isn't a lot of jeep stuff out there so I had to get a little creative.


My friend made the invites for me! I absolutely love them!

 For decorations we did balloons, a banner I made and little jeeps/trucks that my mom found at the dollar store. It turned out well. The most fun was the cake. I didn't want to try to make a jeep shaped cake. I decided to make a mountain/hill shape and have jeeps driving up it. I had a blast putting in together! The wonderful thing about a hill cake is that perfection doesn't matter!  




And of course, presents! Our little guy loved opening his presents. Our family and friends were vary generous and got him some really neat things! Trains, jeeps, puzzles, recycling trucks... all the things Aaron loves. 




What really made the party wonderful was all of our family and friends. We are blessed beyond words with the most amazing family and friends who are like family. We could not possibly ask for more!


Because so many asked, here is the recipe for Fudge Buttermilk Cake. My mom gave me the recipe, and it is really good cake! Easy too! The only thing is that it does tend to fall in the middle. Oh well, adding more icing will do the trick ;)

Fudge Buttermilk Cake:

2 cups sugar
1 cup salad oil
2 unbeaten eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
5 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 cup hot water
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla

Add all ingredients in order given. Beat for two minutes. Batter will be thin.

Bake in a 9x13 cake pan at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until done.

Fudge Frosting:

1 lb powdered sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup boiling water
1/3 cup soft butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Sift sugar, mix with cocoa and salt. Add water and butter. Blend well. Add vanilla and blend together.

Hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Thank you, from the bottom of my belly for posting this recipe!!!!

And maybe from my thunder thighs too ;)

Seriously, that frosting is bliss

The family

The family

Aaron

Aaron

Followers

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved