John and I decided to take a last minute trip out to Grand Junction at the end of February. We spent some time with my parents and some of John's family. We spent Saturday evening at the King residence. John's parents were also there from Colorado Springs. Jan (John's mother) had already been in Delta for a little while waiting for Rachael (John's sister) to have her baby. For anyone who does not know, Jan is a registered home birth midwife. Rachael and I took some belly pictures, we didn't think we would get another chance. Here Rachael is at 38 weeks, me at 16 weeks.
We didn't realize how little time we had left to be pregnant together. Rachael went into labor just six hours after these photos were taken! John and I had headed back to my parents house in Grand Junction. I got a phone call from Rachael at four in the morning saying maybe I should come back over. Of course I jumped in the car and drove straight over.
Around an hour later, Toby and Rachael had a beautiful baby girl, Sarah Bernice. It was such an honor to be at my niece's birth. Everything went great, Rachael did amazing! Now I am excited to meet my baby! Below is a picture of little Sarah and one of the family that was at the birth.








No comments:
Post a Comment